Friday 21 June 2013

Bespoke Gifts: Decopatch Jewellery Box and Money Box

I firmly believe that a well thought out personal gift goes so much further than a generic store bought gift. And with the arrival of a very good friend of mine's birthday, I knew the generic box of chocolates would not go  far! (Although she would deny it, she'd love those too!)

When designing a bespoke gift, the best thing to do first is brainstorm. Some people work best visually: writing down, colour swatching, image searching.. others work best mentally; thinking and thinking until the lightbulb moment flicks on!

For this very special friend Leopard print had to be involved somewhere..almost everywhere! It just wouldn't be designed for her if it didn't. I decided to do something classic and something contemporary to add a little fun to the mix. 
Below is the gorgeous leopard print jewellery box I created for her, complete with a gold coloured clasp. Inside, I wanted to add a creative twist that would add a gentle feminine and girlie flair to the bold leopard print exterior.


I've never quite understood 'modern art'; I understand it represents experimentation but the point of it? The money box below is my take on 'modern' art and the abstract; the form of the Pig represents the traditional shape of a money saving box, but the abstract patterns add a modern and contemporary twist.


Unfortunately they didn't get the same gentle wrapping that the other gifts did.. I had run out of tissue paper! But luckily as we are moving house soon there was always bubble wrap to hand. Never one to be totally normal, this sufficed as gift wrap!
They do say.. Friendship is when people know all about you but like you anyway ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment