Monday 30 September 2013

"What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic"

As I write this... 

Christmas is my favourite holiday of the year. Magic, love, and belief brings family, friends, and even strangers together in no way possible the rest of the year. It's tradition for Mr D and I to go explore Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, walk along Embankment, dream down Bond Street, gaze at the Harrods incredible window displays, and relive our youth in Hamleys. 

This time last year I had bought all my Christmas presents! I never wrapped them because I'd always forget I'd bought something so that lucky person got two presents! I put a lot of personal touches and thoughts into my present buying so I couldn't possibly return one.
This year things are different; one gift has been made (I can't say anymore incase they read this; all I will say is a tutorial will soon follow...shhh!) but nothing else has been sorted! 

We are very excited to spend our fifth Christmas together, our first in our very own home! We have been so blessed this year, our house, our kitten, and a fabulous family holiday in Italy celebrating a golden wedding anniversary. Because of all this, the budget is tighter this year- we now have to buy our own tree and decor! (I am SO excited about this!) This means lots of our gifts  and decor will be handmade, personal, and given with a lot of love.

Some lucky person (littlest bro!) will just have to receive this...


No comments:

Post a Comment