Monday 4 November 2013

Christening Cake for a Little Princess.. And other stories!

When I was asked earlier in the year to create a christening cake for one of the most beautiful little girl's born this side of Christmas, I had to say yes. 

There was no set brief except I knew it had to be pink, princessy, and classy.

Here it is: (as beautiful as it looks there is a couple humorous incidents that fell into the recipe along with the sugar, flour, eggs)..


*please note this is the result of a busy week at work, late nights, early starts, and a 25th birthday kayak down the River Thames!

Cake Attempt One: The base of the cake tin wasn't pushed down fully. As a result, half of the cake raised at a 45degree angle and the rest didn't..

As this was an expected twist, I realised I was out of eggs after the top tier batter had been made. So after much persuasion, Mr D went down to the local shop for me at 9pm for a pack of 6 eggs as I was 3 eggs short.

Cake Attempt Two: Batter made and cake went into the oven. Turned around to put the ingredients away and noticed there were still 6 eggs remaining.. Oh. I had only put 2 out of 5 in the batter. Cr*@!. 

Eventually the cake was baked, iced, and ready to go! 

At least this time I had a rolling pin... That's another cake story coming soon! 




No comments:

Post a Comment