Tuesday 13 August 2013

Waffles: The Secret Is Out

Want to know the real reason my friends keep close? Not because of my dazzling personality, the fact I don't live with my parents, or my great taste in music. Nope- it is my Gordon Ramsay Waffle Maker. Just kdding...but seriously, it's partly true...

Here is half a waffle..  yup, they really don't last long enough to capture the full beauty!


It is all thanks to Mr D that I even have a waffle maker. I absolutely love waffles so it made a fantastic birthday present some years back... but I obviously didn't love them as much as he did. I was promptly given the present the night before my birthday, so I could make him (!) waffles the morning of! 

Waffles can be anything you want them to be- simple, sweet, savoury, or gourmet. Could you tell the difference between a Belgian Waffle, a Sweet Waffle, a Gluten Free Waffle, and a Basic Waffle? 

Here is a basic sweet waffle recipe, perfect for any waffle maker:*
(*Courtesy of Gordon Ramsay)

Ingredients
250g Plain Flour
1 dessert spoon baking powder
2 tbsp caster sugar
1tsp salt
2 eggs
450ml milk
2tbsp vegetable oil
Spray Oil

Method:

1. Mix the dry ingredients together (Flour, baking powder, sugar, salt)
2. Mix the wet ingredients (eggs, milk, oil) and add to the dry ingredients. Combine until smooth.
3. Heat the waffle maker, adjusting the browning level if you have one.
4.Spray the waffle maker with oil (be generous!) 
5. Fill the sections of the waffle maker (again, be generous!)
6. Close the lid and flip the waffle maker over
7. Follow your waffle maker instructions to know when your waffle will be ready
8. Serve your waffle warm and drizzled with your favourite toppings!

My serving suggestion above is a waffle sprinkled with cinnamon and served with strawberries..
Leona this one is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment