Wednesday 22 May 2013

My new obsession..Decopauge!

Have you seen the large Decopatch elephant or giraffe stood outside your local do-it-yourself pottery store? I have always looked at it and thought yes it does look pretty cool but when will you ever need to decopauge a Giraffe?
It has taken a few years and an inspiring friend to finally work out how I can have a go at decopauge and why I would want to. I certainly have no room for a giraffe in my house! 
My friend is amazingly talented in all areas of craft and creative skills having just finished a year touring with Phantom of the Opera in the wardrobe department... and she can knit, paint, bake, and decopauge too! So I knew she was just the person to teach me how to do it too..

With very orange wooden frames picked up at a great deal of £1 for two at a local carboot it was the perfect opportunity to give decopauge a go. The frames did come with some horrendous pictures in but my friend removed this and cleaned the frames up. Then the decopauge commenced. 

The before and after..



I am also in the process of creating some bespoke coat hangers as a gift for my Mother in Law as her birthday soon and she is the glamorous Mother in Law who loves everything girlie but has everything!

Here is a sneak preview! I will also be gluing a purple ribbon tied into a bow at the base of the metal hook to finish off the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment