Monday 25 February 2013

There are no words like 'I Love You'- but why wait until Valentines Day?

Pride of place in our study
February 2013 has soon come upon us and for a lot of people, in love or not, this
 has brought Valentines Day. Although the history and tradition of Valentines Day is clouded with mystery and legends, the day is undoubtedly centered around declaring romance and love. 

Some modern cynics have dubbed the 14th February a "Hallmark Holiday". Renowned for greeting cards and popular celebration gifts, Hallmark, along with many other large card and gift corporations, certainly do cash in on Valentines Day offering everything and anything from wine glasses to interactive toys to help declare your love.Although there is no denying that card retailers benefit hugely from Valentines Day, records show that the act of gifting a manufactured card has actually been occurring since the early 19th Century, a century before Hallmark was created.

When you have been with a person long enough to have seen a few Valentines Days come and go, why wait until February 14th to let them know? And why make it cost you anything?

I made the print shown above in the frame and gave it to my fiance early February just to make a point it was not his "Valentines" gift but just a small something to say what we feel daily. It is similar to something I had come across on my Pinterest travels and I finally got around to ticking it off my to-do list [follow my inspiration and pin boards here]. 
The difficult part was using the words that meant something to you, whilst ensuring the I, the Love, and the You, ended up in the right place to ensure that it reads 'I Love You' diagonally. I used standard Microsoft Word, a normal laser printer, and a frame I already had. If I had a colour printer I definitely would have put the key words in red with the rest of the text in black.
I also think I would go back and centralise the text a bit more on the page; I was in a hurry to complete as I heard the Mr returning home!

Here is a close up of the text:



No comments:

Post a Comment