Friday 16 November 2012

Novelty Jumper!

For the very first year I decided I would just love to own a novelty festive jumper... so you can imagine my surprise when I found them retailing at around £25-£35 both online and in store. I did find that flashing christmas puddings were an especially popular item on Ebay.
As a budding crafter the only option was to make one! As it is really only going to be worn once or twice I was determined to use fabric and scraps I had laying around for that 'one day they will be useful' moment!
The first key thing is an old jumper- if you want a really funky novelty jumper then go for that truly hideous jumper with awful patterns you just know is lurking at the back of your wardrobe!
The body of the snowman is made from cutting two circles of cotton and sewing them directly onto the jumper. I then cut the shape of the hat out of a black silk ribbon. Step 3 was to hand sew on some buttons. I also then used a needle and thread to sew the eyes and carrot nose.
I tied a pink ribbon into a bow and put a few stitches in the back of it so it kept its shape and then I sewed it onto the jumper. and Wa-La!!
I'm tempted to wear this ice skating then out to dinner in London for our work christmas 'do with black skinny jeans and heels and then with pyjama bottoms on Christmas morning- how versatile!

No comments:

Post a Comment