Friday 30 August 2013

Foolproof Banana Muffins: Recipe


What do you do with those black bananas? Do you muster up the courage to peel them and eat them anyway? Not me! I eat my bananas on the green side; as soon as they are fully yellow I know its risky business. The texture of over-ripe banana is similar to that of yoghurt- and call me weird but I just can't stomach it. 


Bananas that look like this on the outside are perfect for banana bread; these are actually pretty nice on the inside, but the blacker the better! 
 
Makes 12 Muffins

Ingredients:
 
In one bowl- 
200g Plain Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt

In another bowl-
3 Large bananas, mashed
150g Caster Sugar
1 Egg
75g Butter, Melted

*

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Put 12 muffin cases into a tin. 
(I stumbled at  the first hurdle; having only moved into our house a month ago I assumed I left my muffin tin with the inlaws- see picture below for how I made do...)

2. Sift together Bowl One ingredients

3. Combine Bowl Two ingredients.
 
 

4. Combine the flour mix into Bowl Two and fold in gently. You still want the bananas to be lumpy!

5. Spoon the mixture into the baking cases

6. Bake in a preheated over for 25 minutes until golden brown.

The perfect banana muffin has a crisp golden shell and a moist inside sponge (make sure its the banana and not just undercooked!)


These freeze really well.. but will any be left by then?

No comments:

Post a Comment