Sunday 13 October 2013

Blueberry Muffin Icecream Sundae

Despite the awful and too early winter weather, Mr D and I enjoyed a really lovely Sunday afternoon out with his parents. Unable to eat another mouth full of main course, my mother-in-law-to-be suggested the dessert menu. Now to my brain that doesn't say "No, I'm full"; it says "Of course, a new course is like starting from scratch, hunger levels go back to zero."

The restaurant/pub does an amazing Toffee Waffle, but this time a new dessert caught my eye.

Blueberries  and Icecream sundaes shout warm summer days to me. This is probably what made me go for it on this miserable October Sunday.



Summery it may be, but delicious it was too! The sharp blueberries, soft muffin bites, cold Icecream, and light cream contrasted beautifully; if it wasn't for the sound of hammering rain outside I nearly would have believed summer was here to stay!

This dessert is definitely one to recreate at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment